Highly Skilled Professional with over 25 years experience as Producer, Director and camera operator for single and multi-camera live and live-to-tape , in-studio and
on-location productions. Proven ability to successfully crew, hire, and train a workforce to complete time sensitive projects. Recipient of numerous corporate and industry awards for outstanding service and leadership. Consistently rated a top performer by management and clients. Additional expertise as an accomplished studio artist with the ability to draw, paint, sculpt and create customized graphics.
ASPNHD, BELMONT, MA 2014–PRESENT
- Producer/Director for Broadcast Coverage of Youth Sports
BOSTON NEIGHBORHOOD NETWORK (BNN), JAMAICA PLAIN, MA 2011 – PRESENT
- Extrahelp Show: A LIVE CALL IN SHOW FOR STUDENTS TO ASSIST WITH HOMEWORK. PROGRAM AIRS ON CABLE & STREAMED LIVE. (25 YRS)
- The Mayor's Cup Youth Hockey Tournament: BOSTON COLLEGE. 11 GAMES COVERED ANNUALLY.
BOSTON CITY TV, BOSTON, MA 2011 – PRESENT
- Game of the Week (GOW): High School Sports Coverage for City of Boston (Football, Basketball, Hockey). Live on Cable, & Streamed live
COMCAST CORPORATION (FORMERLY AT&T BROADBAND), CAMBRIDGE, MA
Access Coordinator for Boston and Brookline Local Origination 2001-2011
- Maintained franchise commitments while ensuring that license agreements for the cities of Boston and Brookline were met.
- Produced local origination programming for Boston and Brookline, including large scale, high profile, Event Coverage.
- Recruited, hired, and trained contractors and college interns to assist with Boston/Brookline LO production commitments.
- Projected production costs and created strategies to contain and lower department costs, including tape orders, office supplies, and contractor use based on production
- Ran entire master control operation during transition period and trained new operator. Created a detailed master control operational manual that provided knowledge
and training for replacement master control operator.
- Created training manuals for camera operators, audio operators, and directors that served as reference guides which ultimately sped up the learning process.
- Conducted cross-training to provide coverage to other studios during staff transitions and personnel vacation time, enabling studios to conduct business seamlessly.
- Assisted supervisor and management with project planning and budgeting by generating and providing monthly and quarterly content, time and production expense
reports, project briefs, public and political file documents, accruals, time sheets, equipment inventory, and contractor pay card approval.
- Conducted Vehicle, Fire Extinguisher, and OSHA Safety Inspections, ensuring adherence to all safety standards.
- Produced, directed, and edited programs/productions that aired on Comcast, Ch. 12 in Brookline and Boston to over 300k viewers. All covered programs were multi-
camera productions with full graphics. Sporting event coverage included announcers, replays, and elaborate graphics and stats. All productions were edited in post to ensure the highest quality programs aired.
- Operated camera for CN8 Network coverage of Varsity Sports Zone.
- Assistant Producer for St. Patrick’s Day Parade coverage (2008-2010).
- Production Assistant for Harvard Graduation live coverage (2010).
- Transmission Operator for Harvard Graduation video feed (2006).
TELEVISION SERIES COVERAGE
Producer/Director (& Camera Operator at times)
- Extrahelp Show: A live Call-In Show for Students; a Virtual Homework Hotline.
- The Chris Tabb Show: An Entertainment Talk Show with weekly guests.
- The Boston Baseball Heads Show: A Talk Show dedicated to Amateur Baseball with weekly guests.
- Yawkey Baseball: Weekly Coverage of a Boston-Based, Semi-Pro Baseball League.
- Boston/Brookline Chamber Breakfasts: Government Affairs Forums providing platforms for senior-level Business Executives to gain valuable insight from prominent
government officials in the Greater Boston region.
- The Safety Net: Monthly Studio Show dedicated to safety awareness involving a host and four weekly guests.
SPECIAL EVENT COVERAGE
Producer/Director (& Camera Operator at times)
- The Shattuck Awards: An Annual Awards Ceremony honoring a select number of Boston City Employees who had committed themselves to excellence in Public
Service in Boston, far above their direct responsibilities. Also aired on Comcast Local Video on Demand (2007-2010)
- The Mayor's Garden Contest: An Awards Ceremony as part of the Beautification Process initiated by Thomas M. Menino to recognize gardeners who had landscaped,
planted flowers, trees, and shrubs, and , in the process, beautified their own small piece of Boston.
- The Mayor's Cup Youth Hockey Tournament, Boston College: Columbus Day coverage annually of eighty to 10 games initiated by Thomas M. Menino, featuring various
levels of youth hockey (Mite, Squirt, Pee Wee, Girls U12 and Girls U14), with ages ranging from seven to 14.
- The Mayor's Football Jamboree: Special Event coverage of 13 game in one day initiated by Thomas M. Menino, featuring various levels of youth football.
- North Shore Spirit Baseball: Special Event Coverage of semi-pro baseball league.
Producer/Director, Camera Operator & Editor
- History of the Yawkey League: 11-minute video package pertaining to the history of the Yawkey League, also aired on Comcast Local Video on Demand (2009)
- Beep Baseball: Six-minute video package pertaining to a baseball league consisting of visually impaired baseball players
AT&T BROADBAND (FORMERLY CABLEVISION), BROOKLINE, MA 1998-2001
Production Specialist for Boston/Brookline Local Origination Programming
- Assisted Executive Director by Producing Local Origination Programming for Boston and Brookline
- Produced and Directed Extrahelp, Yawkey Baseball, Boston and Brookline Chamber Breakfasts, The Safety Net and High School Football
CABLEVISION OF BOSTON / BROOKLINE, BROOKLINE, MA 1994-1998
Production Assistant for Boston/Brookline Local Origination Programming
- Assisted show Producers with local origination programming for Boston and Brookline
- Operated Camera for Extrahelp, Yawkey Baseball, Boston & Brookline Chamber Breakfasts, The Safety Net, Final Edition, St. Patrick's Day Breakfast, Party in the Parks
and High School Sports - Football, Hockey, Baseball, Soccer, Lacrosse, Field Hockey and Rugby
- Produced "All-Aboard The CSpan Bus" (10-Minute Video Package).
PROFESSIONAL AND SERVICE HONORS / AWARDS
BOSTON CITY TV
Recipient of NATOA Government Programming Award, 3rd Place for Live Sporting Event, Director, 2020
"Mayor's Game of the Week: Latin Academy Dragons vs. Boston Latin Wolfpack" City of Boston
BOSTON CITY TV
Recipient of NATOA Government Programming Award, Second Place for Live Sporting Event, Director, 2014
"Mayor's Game of the Week: Boys Basketball Division 2 State Semi-Finals - Brighton vs. Scituate" City of Boston
BOSTON NEIGHBORHOOD NETWORK (BNN)
BNN TV Spotlight Award, In Recognition of Outstanding Achievement and Contributions to the Community Media Field, 2013
Certification of Appreciation for being Outstanding Crew Member, St. Patrick's Day Parade, 2010
Certification of Recognition for 10 Years of dedicated service, 2008
Leadership Award, 2007
Award Recipient for Excellence in Leadership and Distinguished Service, 2006
Circle of Success Dan Aaron Leadership Award Nominee, 2006
Received Recognition as of one of Top Performers in CN8, 2006
NECTA (NEW ENGLAND CABLE TELEVISION AWARDS)
Recipient of NECTA Award for the Production of The Shattuck Awards, 2007
Recipient of NECTA Award for the Production of The Shattuck Awards, 2008
Recipient of NECTA Award for the Production of The Shattuck Awards, 2010
Recipient of NECTA Award for the Production of The 2009 Mayor's Cup Youth Hockey Tournament
YAWKEY LEAGUE BASEBALL
Recipient of Jean Yawkey Service Award for Leadership, 2010
Elected into Yawkey League Hall of Fame, 2008
Recipient of Jean Yawkey Service Award, 2007
BROOKLINE YOUTH BASEBALL
Lifetime Achievement Award for 35 Years of Service as Volunteer Youth Baseball Coach, 2010
Head Coach of Town Championship Team, 2010
Brookline Youth Baseball Coach of the Year, 2009
Voted #1 Coach - Brookline, Reader's Choice Awards, 1996
BROOKLINE ACCESS TELEVISION (BAT)
Elected to Brookline Access Television Hall of Fame, 1994
Bachelors Degree, Studio Art, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, 1985
Adobe Advanced Premiere Pro Certificate of Completion, Video Editing Software, Adobe Network Solutions, Boston MA
COMCAST ONLINE COURSES:
Privacy and Information Security Awareness
Preventing Workplace Harassment, 2009
Social Engineering 1.0
Maintaining a Harassment - Free Workplace
COMCAST CLASSROOM TRAINING, CAMBRIDGE, MA
Hazard Communication, 2007, Best Communication Styles, 2010
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT SKILLS
Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro/Encore/Photoshop, Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Publisher/Outlook. Familiar with Set Design, Lighting, and various chyron systems, including Broadcast Pix, Caspar Cg, Maxine, Decko 500, and Compix. Dot certified enabling the transport of trucks to and from venues.